somewhere over the rainbow

Friday, February 16, 2007

what a day

sometimes i am really glad that Lady Luck can be there for me when things dont go too well...

today i wore my new sandals out. started to feel the pain when i was walking to my uni after my visit to Sunway Medical Center in the morning..the straps of my new sandals were cutting my feet. ya..a normal problem which people usually face when they wear new shoes. if i continued walking on, the straps would definitely peel my skin off. as i walked on and started to worry about how bad the condition would be, the yellow shuttle bus which i could take to go to my uni appeared. thank god..didnt have to walk anymore. how lucky...

in uni..while i was thinking about the things that i could in order to kill time, i bumped into my classmates who were having their presentation for their summer course subject. i went for their presentation, and then joined them for lunch after that. really glad that i could bump into some friends and didnt have to be alone anymore. another lucky thing...

after my friends left, glad that there were a few movies available for me to pick at that moment and the one i picked wasnt too bad. i watched Protege (门徒), starring Andy Lau, Daniel Wu (吳彦祖) and Louis Ku (古天樂). this is one of the new movies which has just been released today. the story was about how an undercover cop tried to arrest a drug seller. during his operation, the undercover cop met a single mother who was a drug addict and was trying hard to quit drugs. he saw how drugs ruined her life and how tragic she finally died. at the end, he inherited the drug seller's business after the drug seller was arrested while he continued to be an undercover cop. he lost his true self between the drug world and justice. quite a sad movie. it showed how cruel the reality can be. how drugs can really destroy people's life. it was really scary and disgusting to watch how the single mother died due to drug overdose and later how the rats fed on her dead body. lucky that i didnt pick something boring

after the movie..while i started to worry about how i should get back home, i got a call from my youngest cousin who happened to be in the same shopping mall as me. this meant i could have a car ride home instead of taking a bus or a cab. this was the best news of the day i should say. really lucky..

glad that all these lucky incidents happened despite certain things which didnt go well today. they made me feel better

2 Comments:

  • hey you know what, on the same day i was wearing my new boots and i got big blisters on my feet!!! and i hard a hard time walking!!!

    haha what a coincidence :P

    By Blogger dingying, at February 16, 2007 8:14 PM  

  • ya loh ya loh :D and my left foot now has a beautiful bright red 'stripe'..thanks to my new sandals hahaha

    By Blogger wen, at February 17, 2007 2:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home