somewhere over the rainbow

Friday, October 13, 2006

interest

i like drawing. since i was very young.

my 1st master piece was actually done before i joined kindergarden if i didnt remember wrongly. drew a big whale on the wall of my house with coloured pencils. i didnt remember any punishments though hahaha..still roughly remember how i felt while i was drawing it, how the whale became bigger n bigger on the wall, how i let my imagination ran wild and expressed it on the wall.

enjoyed colouring when i grew a bit bigger. really liked those books which had pictures for u to colour. would feel quite happy when i had new colouring books, felt quite thrilled with new coloured pencils. Luna brand coloured pencils (the one with a symbolic sail boat on the cover) are always the best. until now i still think Luna is the best haha..

then i started to join drawing classes. learnt how to draw a nice picture, how to colour them. starting from crayons, then some water colour, pencil sketching..then i found a better teacher. thats when i improved much. but too bad i stopped my classes when i was Form 3. PMR year. government exam. my mum wanted me to concentrate on my studies. i was entering the stage of learning how to do sketches, u know sketching with real things in front of u, drawing human portrait kind of drawing, when i had to stop my classes. i never join the classes back after PMR, becos drawing was not one of my subjects in sch anymore..my mum said there was no need to join the classes anymore. it has always been a sad thing that i never join back the classes. if not i would have learnt how to draw human portraits and now i can just draw whoever i want hahaha..

still draw once in a while. but i rarely keep what i drew. they are always meant to be presents. the only thing i drew lately which i didnt give it away is a snow angel. just like the angel. drew it just to keep it for myself. one of the things that i drew which i was really quite satisfied with it is a Mitsubitshi Lancer Evo. i have never liked to draw cars n i thought the drawing would turn out bad. but i was really satisfied with it and felt quite relunctant to give it away hahaha, but still it was meant to be a gift. yesterday i drew some fungi. was short of time so i cut off some details haha. but i was still quite satisfied with the end product.

i enjoy drawing. although i cant draw very very well. just sit there, draw, colour. concentrate on what i draw. i dont really mind how long it will take me to finish my work. i just enjoy the whole process. but so far i realise all the things i draw just contain these few colours: blue, purple, black, white. maybe my life is just too blue. bright colours just cant catch my attention. they cant enter my life.

i dont know when i will draw again. will just start again when the time comes.


the picture which i followed when i drew the Evo


my blue angel. this is what i drew


my fungi

4 Comments:

  • wen, it seems that you have the talent and interest in drawing. ever considered developing yourself along that line?

    By Blogger JE, at October 18, 2006 11:06 AM  

  • seems life doesnt really direct me towards there hehe. but anyway, if chances to learn do appear, i will go for it :)

    By Blogger wen, at October 18, 2006 1:00 PM  

  • U drew that evo? WAAAT!!! Hard to believe! Looks like a photo! I want! Give u back the fungi u gave me. I Wan tht evo!! =P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at October 25, 2006 12:18 AM  

  • hahaha. dat one is a photo la. the pic i drew is not with me anymore. forgot to take a pic of the drawing :(

    By Blogger wen, at October 25, 2006 1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home